Different roads, different futures

Different roads, different futures

Different roads, different futures

A hypertext narrative by

Hasti Asghari

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1671

Choice count: 21

Section count: 20

Image count: 20

Error count: 3

Field Related Analysis

Education : 81 matches

(campus, choice, class, classes, college, colleges, continuing, education, faculty, fail, failing, first, grades, high school, law school, learned, motivation, school, score, semester, social, students, taught, university)

Archaeology : 35 matches

(bit, chase, class, culture, environment, here, history, section, study, turkey)

Law : 34 matches

(admission, character, documents, embassy, family, financial, house, immigration, independent, information, law, lawyer, living, marriage, minutes, month, proof, rent)

Target Structure: (4 matches)

overwhelmed (1 match)

overwhelming (1 match)

though (2 matches)

abroad (4 matches)

Next

Different roads, different futures

The end of high school.

I just graduated from Saint-Maxime high school in Laval. I had to extremely difficult choices to make. It was either staying here in Quebec and apply to a college or leave literary everything behind and star a new life in Turkey. These choices would define my future. Should I stay in Quebec and apply to a college and live an easy life or should I move to Turkey and start an exiting new life?

Choice 1 : Stay in Quebec.

Choice 2 : Leave for Turkey.

Me hesitating

Stay in Quebec.

I decided that it was way easier for me to stay in Quebec. Being here it is less stressful for me, I wouldn't have to think about rent, food, culture or anything since I know here, and I live with my father. I can also work at the same time I'm studying earn money. Right now I needed to finish my college admission. I've always been passionate about law, and I knew that I would want to do this in the future. I decided to apply to Montmorency College in the Social Science program.

Choice 1 : The beginning of college.

staying in Quebec

Leave for Turkey.

I decided to leave my whole life behind and start a new chapter. Even though I'm scared, I'm also extremely exited. I always loved Turkey. The culture, the history is extremely rich. Turkey is really familiar to me since I'm Persian, we have similar culture. Moving abroad meant to take a lot of responsibility. I would need to adapt to a new country, new culture, new language. Leaving Quebec meant to leave behind my family, my friends, my routine and my comfort zone. Even though I was scared, I knew this experience would completely change me, and maybe I would stay there forever and get married there.

Choice 1 : Prepare immigration papers.

Leave for Turkey

The beginning of college.

I was accepted at Montmorency College. It was my first semester I was scared and exited at the same time. Quickly the workload became overwhelming for me. I realized that I really needed to study hard to obtain a high R-score. The classes were really long and not interesting at all.

Choice 1 : Face academics pressure.

Montmorency college

Prepare immigration papers.

I spent weeks and weeks preparing the Visa documents. I gather all the proof such as education certificate, financial proof everything that was needed. Every little detail was important because one mistake could change everything and destroy my chances to study abroad. I was so stressed because I was waiting for the embassy response.

Choice 1 : Arrive in Turkey.

immigration paper

Face academics pressure.

Few months have passed since the start of college and the pressure of college became extremely exhausting. I spent most of my time staying up all night studying and doing my projects. Even after all of my efforts, my grades were average specially comparing it to other students in different colleges.

Choice 1 : Stay in college or take a brake?

stress

Arrive in Turkey.

Few months have passed by, and I finally got my visa. After three weeks, I was finally ready and packed everything. I arrived and Turkey feeling extremely nervous. Everything was new for me. I spent a good 30 minutes thinking about was it the right decision for me to take? I understood that I was feeling this way because I was unfamiliar with the environment, and it would just take time for me to adjust. I took a taxi and went to the apartments that I rented.

Choice 1 : My new home.

Turkey flag

Stay in college or take a brake?

I was now on my second semester and to be honest, I couldn't take it anymore. I was failing most of my class. Before the start of the semester, I received a letter from school which said if I fail classes this semester, I would get kicked out of school for a whole semester. I would go to my classes without motivation. I knew I couldn't continue like this, This was not me at all.

Choice 1 : A pause of college.

stay or leave

My new home.

After a 30 minutes of drive, I finally arrived at my new home. I instantly fell in love with the outside, the view was directly on the beach. After getting inside, I immediately started unpacking. This felt unreal for me, I was going to live by myself. After a few hours, I was finally done and decided to sleep. Hopefully the house was already equipped with furniture. Next day, I went to the supermarket and bought a lot of stuff, I was so hungry.

Choice 1 : Starting law school.

my new home

A pause of college.

I decided that it was better for me to take a semester off and focus on myself. I was overwhelmed with extreme study, work, taking care of the house and my sister, it was draining for my mental health. I toke this opportunity to start going to the gym and focus on myself. After a while, I felt so much better, and I was ready to go back at College, but this time not at Montmorency but at Bois-de-Boulogne College. I applied to the same program. It felt good knowing that I got accepted in the program. It was going to be a new start for me.

Choice 1 : Going back to school.

no school

Starting law school.

After a month of living in Turkey, I started being used to living there. My Turkish improved so well whiten a month, I was so proud of myself. Today, I officially started law school at Istanbul University Faculty of Law. It felt like a dream, everything was beautiful as well the campus. At the end of the day, I was a bit exhausted, they were a lot to information to memorize, but I knew that it was going to be always like this since I chose this program. After a month of university, I learned a lot of stuff and to be honest, I was surprised by myself of being capable of continuing. I never thought about giving up.

Choice 1 : Face difficulties abroad.

my university

Going back to school.

It was now officially the start for me in a new school. It felt good being in a new environment. I was now ready to take everything seriously and focus on my study. After a month of being there, I felt really good about myself. I loved this so much =, it made me want to study.

Choice 1 : Proud of myself.

back to school

Face difficulties abroad.

Six months later, I was feeling extremely homesick. I missed my family a lot, I just wanted to see them. Talking o them over FaceTime wasn't enough for me, I needed to hug them. With school, it was extremely hard for me to, I was so stressed, I had no time to relax and not think about school. Some nights, I cried and questioned myself if it were the right decision to take. Since the end of the first semester was approaching, I thought it was a good idea for me to take a plane and go see my family. It'll make me feel better.

Choice 1 : Getting back after a break.

homesick

Proud of myself.

I finished successfully my first semester at Bois-de-Boulogne College, and I was so proud of myself. My grades got so much better and my Cote-R upgraded way better than I've thought.

Choice 1 : Building my future.

proud of myself

Getting back after a break.

I spent the holidays at Canada. It made me feel so much better. Unfortunately, I've only stayed a week, but it felt real good seeing my family. I got back in Turkey, and spent the rest of the holidays exploring the cities, and I even found a few friends, I immediately connected with them, it made me feel so much better and less lonely. I spent the two weeks just having fun, getting to know Turkey better, and it felt amazing. I was happy the I got back here, and I finally thought of here as my home and not a country I just came to study.

Choice 1 : New character.

welcome back

Building my future.

After a year and half, I was finally done with college. A lot happened from then. I finished college with the Cote-R I once thought it would be impossible to obtain which was 32. My family was so proud of me and myself couldn't imagine it. I applied to UdeM in law faculty. I obtained my bachelor after 4 years. It was extremely hard and demanding, but I got it. I lived a good and simple life.

Choice 1 : Different destinies.

build my future

New character.

While I was studying and building myself in Turkey, I met someone who completely changed my plans. We immediately clicked together and for the first time in my life, I felt loved and chosen.

Choice 1 : Marriage.

husband

Marriage.

After a year, we got married, my parents came to Turkey for our wedding it was magical. It was like just like how I imagined it in my dream. It was a dream came true. I felt complete. I became a lawyer, and I got married to the love of my life.

Choice 1 : New person?

marriage

New person?

After doing a world tour, and having fun with my husband. After 3 years, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Now our life was complete, we were the happiest in the world.

Choice 1 : Different destinies.

baby boy

Different destinies.

Looking back at my life, I realized that each decision made me a completely different person. Staying here taught me that it is way more important to take care of myself rather than losing myself, because I just wanted to chase success the earlier. Leaving Canada made me someone who is extremely responsible. Even with a lot of loneliness and pain, I grew independent. Both paths made me who I am today.

Choice 1 : Select a section to link to here.

different path

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Science Glossary

What career path suits you more?

About Me